Finch & Associates is a comprehensive engineering and consulting firm based in Raleigh, NC. Our firm brings decades of expertise to projects both large and small. We take pride in our rich heritage and long-standing reputation for providing exceptional engineering, design, and surveying services to a diverse clientele, dating back to the 1950s. Our team brings proven strategies, diverse perspectives, and creative problem-solving skills to every project in which we are involved. We offer a wide range of services including structural, geo-structural, and civil engineering; surveying and mapping; and site planning and landscape architecture.
Less is more. As a small yet diversified firm, Finch & Associates can support projects with the comprehensive scope of services typically found at a large engineering firm. This means less red tape, fewer meetings and an agile team who’s always at the ready. This provides our staff with exposure to a variety of technical experiences, the ability to gain knowledge in disciplines outside of their primary focus, and opportunities for career growth.
We are currently seeking a Senior Civil Project Engineer to join our Civil/Site team. The ideal candidate should possess strong design abilities and embrace creative, outside of the box thinking, ready tackle unique design challenges as an individual contributor to direct and independently complete engineering design problems. This individual will be responsible for overall design, creating & compiling project details and specifications, field observations and inspections and assisting with of civil/site projects. This individual will work collaboratively with other Finch & Associates team members and disciplines on projects ranging from commercial development to parks and recreation. This position has high growth potential with the opportunity to gain additional responsibilities within our growing firm.
Functions and responsibilities of this position include:
- Engineering design and analysis for civil site projects including parks & recreation facilities, single family residential development, corporate campuses, and mixed-use commercial development, utilizing applicable software and typical design methodologies. Familiarity with municipal, county, or state review processes is a plus, but not required.
- Responsible for the preparation of project construction documents including construction drawings, specifications, details and when necessary, calculation submittals.
- Coordinate with other project team members such as Architects, Structural Engineers, MEP Engineers, Contractors, and Owners, as well as other Finch & Associates team members.
- Lead project construction administration by reviewing shop drawings, responding to contractor RFIs or questions during project construction and performing site inspections.
- Complete site visits and client interviews to gather field information required to complete project design.
- Prepare proposals, estimates, & marketing materials related to the pursuit of future projects.
- Communicate independently with clients regarding technical topics related to their projects.
Qualifications for this position are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Bio & Ag Engineering or closely related discipline.
- PE certification is required and must have the ability to obtain NC Professional Engineering license within 1 year.
- Minimum of 5 years of civil engineering design experience in a civil/site or stormwater focused role. Experience in preparation of site plans including site layout, utilities, grading, drainage, erosion control and stormwater management is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Civil 3D/Carlson/MicroStation Software is required, and experience with GIS applications, StormCAD or other drainage software is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, along with a desire to collaborate and interact with team members and clients is critical.
- Willingness to engage with clients to maintain open lines of communication and ensure client satisfaction.
Finch & Associates offers competitive compensation and benefits (Health, Rx, Dental, Vision, Short- & Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K w/ Employer Match, Paid Holidays, Paternity/Maternity Leave, & Paid Time Off), as well as flexible work schedules. Finch & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration based solely on their skills and qualifications related to this position. The job responsibilities and qualifications mentioned above are for reference purposes and may be subject to adjustments based on the specific requirements of each job and the skills and experience of the applicant.
To apply, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and submit your resume.